Aromatherapy Modular Diploma Courses
Our Modular Aromatherapy Diploma Course is accredited by the International Federation of Aromatherapists (I.F.A.), the Register of Qualified Aromatherapists (R.Q.A.), the Institute of Complementary Medicine (I.C.M.) At present this course is also taught in Canada, U,S,A, South America, Mexico, Spain and Eastern Europe.
Basic Course Objectives and Goals
- To provide a framework for aromatherapy practitioners using an integration of neuro-endocrine physiology, immunology & clinical medicine.
- To provide knowledge and understanding of the use of essential oils and a practical and methods for best utilising their properties.
- To teach students how to "take a thorough consultation." In other words, to be able to simultaneously penetrate the complexly layered mesh of presenting symptoms while with their inner consultation "seeing" the core.
- To enable future practitioners to integrate aromatherapy into a multi-dimensional healing practice and philosophy.
- To teach an easy and effective method of synergistic blending using the underlying causes of dis-easess and dis-harmonies.
This course includes the following compulsory modules:
MODULE. This module comprises:
- Traditional ethnobotany
- The general study of essential oils, their physical and chemical characteristics.
- The Biograms.
- Detailed study of 50 individual Essential oils including their indications and safety precautions.
- The individual study of each of the systems of the physical body (11)
- The main states of disease of each system.
- How to recognise the signposts of an impending disorder of a single system or simultaneously in various systems.
- Consultations and assessment procedures in clinical aromatherapy.
MODULE looks at the basic raw materials and ways to prepare formulations and individual prescriptions.
MODULE looks at the various methods and techniques of treatment utilised by the aromatherapy practitioner. Aromatherapeutic treatment of common ailments related to each bodily system.
MODULE will address active listening, passive listening, patient handling and other aspects of counselling skills.
MODULE looks at the following:
- Case history taking
- Record keeping
- Note taking and documentation
MODULE looks at the following:
- Skin absorption and penetration
- A review of skin and the sense of touch
- Specific action of the different skin receptors
- Pain and its' pathways
- Physical and emotional responses to pain
Prospective students who do not already hold Anatomy, Physiology and Bodywork Certification are required to take our modules in those subjects in addition to their Aromatherapy Diploma.
Prospective students who do not wish to practice bodywork may take all other modules. They will be awarded certification, but will be unable to join the Professional Aromatherapy Organizations in the United Kingdom.
For details of price structure and payments please send us your e-mail.
These modules comply with the guidelines and requirements of the Aromatherapy Organisations Council, UK, and are accredited by the International Federation of Aromatherapists UK and Australia, the Register of Qualified Aromatherapists , the Institute of Complementary Medicine, UK., NAHA USA and the British Columbia Alliance of Aromatherapy, BC Canada.
Additional Course Information
The course structure includes extensive distance learning combined with lectures on theory and practical technique demonstrations alternated with hands-on, supervised practice related to: case analysis, oil selection, oil blending and diverse methods of essential oil application.
Each course module will be followed by a final written exam consisting of two case dyufirds requiring the student to produce a detailed case analysis followed by suggested treatment pathways.
Following their final written examination, students will be given free practice time which will be followed by practical exam designed to demonstrate a rudimentary understanding of the theoretical, analytical, blending and application approaches taught in this course.
Students will be required to submit 10 case studies within 6 months of completion of classroom sessions. These must include details of initial consultation and succeeding follow-up and a conclusion with a final summary of events.
Each student must have an oral assessment within 6 months of completion of classroom sessions to have practical evaluation.
© 2008 Real Essences Of Life